Items 1-24 of 32
- Shimano Baitrunner XT RB Spare Spool
- Shimano Ultegra CI4+ XSC Spare Spool
- Shimano Ultegra 14000 Big Pit Carp Reel
- Shimano Baitrunner Oceanic Spare Spool
- Shimano Baitrunner XTB LC Spare Spool
- E Gift Voucher
- Shimano Aero Technium MgS Reel
- Shimano Baitrunner ST RB Reel
- Shimano Ultegra CI4+ XTC Reel
- Shimano Ultegra XTD Spod Reel
- Shimano Ultegra 5500 XTD Carp Reel
- Shimano Aerlex 10000 XTB Spod Reel
- Shimano Medium Baitrunner CI4+ XTR-A Long Cast Reel
- Shimano Ultegra CI4+ XSC Reel
- Shimano Big Baitrunner XTA Long Cast Reel
- Shimano Aero Technium XT B Magnesium
- Shimano Baitrunner X Aero RA
- Shimano Baitrunner DL FB Spare Spool
- Shimano Baitrunner XTB CI4+ LC Reel
- Shimano Ultegra XSD Reel
- Shimano Ultegra CI4+ XT-B Reel
- Shimano Med Big Baitrunner XTA Long Cast Reel
Items 1-24 of 32
Shimano Fishing Reels
Shimano are the number one brand in the world for carp reels, they were the first company in the world to produce a baitrunner reel that has transformed carp fishing. As specialist tackle shop, we stock a large range of Shimano carp reels including Ultegra, Baitrunner, Technium, Aero, Aerlex and Spod reels.
From beginners to pro anglers, Shimano offers a diverse variety of high-quality reels for coarse and match fishing.
Originally manufacturing cycling components, Japanese company Shimano launched their fishing tackle division in 1970 and established Shimano U.K. Ltd. in 1988 to cater to anglers across Europe. Being world-leaders at in mechanical spinning gear, their range of fishing reels took the tackle industry by storm. To this day Shimano is using cutting-edge designs and new technology to produce high-performance reels.
Types of Shimano Reel
Shimano Baitrunner Reels
Shimano was the original inventor and trademark owner of the now widely used baitrunner reel. The innovative baitrunner has an additional clutch that allows fish to ‘run’ off with the bait without feeling spooked by the drag of the reel. Picking up your rod and winding the handle will disengage the system so you can begin reeling in.
Shimano’s baitrunners revolutionised carp fishing, as the lightweight resistance of the secondary drag led to a lot less dropped takes. Where the waters are smaller and you’re packing lighter luggage, a Shimano baitrunner is ideal. Other tackle manufacturers such as Korum and Daiwa have also reproduced Shimano baitrunners, calling them ‘freespool’ reels.
Shimano Big Pit Carp Reels
Shimano’s range of big pit reels are perfect for carp anglers wanting to fish in larger waters and thus need greater distance casting capabilities than a baitrunner. Much like a sea fishing reel, Shimano big pit reels are designed to have a bigger spool, which means the up and down oscillation is slowly– which is what allows you to increase your casting distance.